February is Children's Dental Health Month
THE CDC REPORTS that 1 in 5 children (between ages 5 and 11) in the US have untreated tooth decay. Not only should tooth decay be treated in regular dental appointments, it should be prevented! Tooth decay is 100 percent preventable with effective personal care and regular dental cleanings.
In honor of Children’s Dental Health Month, we’re spreading the word about children’s dental health.
YOU Can Help Little Ones Have Healthier Smiles!
- Encourage them to brush for two full minutes. Pick a song about two minutes long and sing it to them during brushing time.
- Set reminders to brush twice a day. Brushing after breakfast and just before bed are the best times for preventing bacteria growth from food.
- Show them flossing is fun, not harmful. Be gentle at first when doing it for them. A bad experience can stop them from flossing on their own.
- Be persistent. Don’t let fussy children off the hook. Be motivating! Kids may gladly brush for a sticker or star if you make it an activity.
- Set their first dental appointment before age 1. Having positive dental experiences early will make dental visits easier and less frightening when older.
SPECIAL OFFERS FOR KIDS
For a limited time, we're offering a complimentary exam & x-ray or an kid's electric toothbrush kit with paid exam & x-rays for first time patients.
If your child is already a current patient, you can receive 10% off your child's next cleaning if you schedule by April 30th. Limited to the first 5 callers only. Simply call 650-273-4309 and mention this offer when you schedule. Offers expire April 30th. Call today!
Help Us Spread The Word!
Share this message with your friends and family, and especially with the children in your life. If you have any questions about children’s dental health, don’t hesitate to ask us!